Highlights from the Berzerker Classes
Brian Serck aka Berzerker was just in the Golden studio teaching 3 classes, a Multi Layer Graal class and 2 sections of his Dark Matter Clay Mold class. Here are the highlights!
Multi Layer Graal
This three day class covered Serck’s Multi Layer Graal technique. Serck built and demonstrated how use a sandblaster made from a cardboard box so that students would understand how to build their own sandblaster. Topics covered in the class included:
Different methods to apply color for tube prep.
Digital image development for stencils for sandblasting.
Graal working or melting in sandblasted areas .
Painting with colored frit
Dark Matter Clay Mold
The two one-day Dark Matter Clay Mold class was the first classes that Brian Serck has taught on his new product- Dark Matter Clay. The Dark Matter Clay is a proprietary formula that Serck has been developing over the last 8 years to be used to create reusable molds that can withstand the heat of borosilicate glass. The class was well received and the attendees left with a Serck pendant, a 5lb box of the Dark Matter Clay, a mold and tons of ideas for the future.
The one day class covered:
How to handle the clay.
Making wax mold positives.
Pressing the molds.
Curing the molds.
How to use the cured molds.
We are creating a webinar for the Dark Matter Clay mold class, so stay tuned!
- Important Notice Regarding Glasscraft Golden
- The 2017 Webinar Project- January
- Wilt Bell Kiln for Sale
- Murano Techniques Translated to The Boro World
- Christian Luginger Instructor Profile
- Let's Talk Tools
- Highlights from the Berzerker Classes
- 5 Reasons to Rent Studio Space at Glasscraft
- In the spotlight: Five tips for submitting your work to glass publications
- Instructor Profile - Brian Serck - aka Berzercker
Musings on everything flameworking- Art, Industry, and Culture.